What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search engine optimization has to do with being found on search engines. This is all about how visible your website is on an online search engine result. There are four ways google gets information on you or your business.
- Your website
- Social media accounts or blogs
- Relevance because google appreciates it alot
- Free platforms (google my business)
If your blog post, article, or product is on any other page of the Google search results than the first, then it’s the equivalent of it not ranking at all.
According to Neil Patel, ” If you ever need to hide a dead body, you should place it on the second page of Google search results ” everyone is really interested in what’s going on on the first page of google.
Just like hacking where you have the white-hat, black-hat, grey-hat,e.t.c. SEO we also have:
White-hat, black-hat and grey-hat which is in the middle of black and white
Black hat has to do with :
- Duplicating content because original content and fresh contents are not easy to generate.
- Links from the site with nonrelevant content
- invisible text and stuffed keyword
- cloaking or re-directing the user to another site or page
while white hat has to do with:
- relevant content
- well labeled images
- relevant links and references
- a unique and relevant page title
- complete sentences with good grammars
- standard-compliant HTML
Types of SEO
we have three major types of SEO
- on-page SEO
- off-page SEO
- Technical SEO
On-Page search engine marketing
On-web page search engine optimization pertains to the content for your website.
It consists of strategies to optimize a person’s web page on a website.
These factors (all of which might be outlined on this on-page search engine marketing checklist) help engines like google apprehend the topic of the content and see that the website is a treasured source that humans would want to discover.
This sort of search engine optimization includes:
Keyword research: Finding the first-rate keywords to goal on a page of content material
Content creation: Publishing extraordinary content material focused on the right track key phrases
Keyword optimization: Using the target keyword in all of the proper places and using good meta tag search engine optimization.
Alexa has tools to assist with all aspects of on-web page search engine optimization. For key-word research and content material creation, use our Keyword Difficulty Tool to find applicable, popular, low-competition keywords to target to your web page.
Key-word research for on web page search engine optimization
For keyword optimization, use our On-Page SEO Checker to do a complete evaluation of individual pages to your website and spot if they may be fully optimized in your goal key-word.
Enter the target keyword and URL to acquire a document with ignored optimization opportunities and guidelines for development.
Technical search engine optimization relates to non-content material factors of your internet site.
It includes strategies to improve a site’s backend structure and basis.
Technical search engine marketing improves a site’s clarity (which makes it easy for search engines like google and yahoo to move slowly and recognize the web site) and affords an amazing consumer revel in, which enables engines like google to see that the site is highly pleasant. An appropriate consumer enjoy is also vital for readers, and can have an effect on usual visitors and engagement quotes.
The kinds of search engine optimization covered in this class relate to:
Mobile-friendliness because we have more of mobile users these days.
A clean way to test at the state of your technical SEO is by using the usage of Alexa’s search engine optimization Audit Tool. Enter your site to receive a record at the repute of a couple of technical elements alongside instructions for a way to resolve issues if you have any.
Off-Site search engine marketing
Off-web page search engine marketing strategies assist improve the effect and relationship your website has with different web sites.
It includes techniques to construct a website’s recognition and authority. These factors help serps see that a website is a super seek end result due to the fact its miles from a reputable, reliable, trusted source.
Most off-web page search engine marketing pertains to excessive–high-quality backlinks.
A massive quantity of links pointing on your website online from relevant, authoritative sites suggests engines like google that your web page is precious and mounted. You can benefit those believe indicators through quite a few hyperlink building and guest posting tactics.
To create a hyperlink building plan, use Alexa’s Competitor Backlink Checker. Enter up to ten URLs of competitor websites and acquire a document with all the hyperlinks pointing in your competition. Use this aggressive evaluation to get ideas for how you may construct hyperlinks to the same websites.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR SITE RANK ON GOOGLE USING SEO CHECKLIST
- Domain extension shows country of target – e.g. .ng
- Domain name is registered with top agent: GoDaddy, Enom, etc
- Host locally within the target country
- Submit Your website to search engines
- Setup google analytics for your website
- Setup Alexa account for your website
- Generate good keywords – see below guide
- Use keyword or keyphrase as the domain name or domain extension URL
- Place keywords in page title,
- Use keywords generously in composing page text
- Place keywords in Meta tags
- Add the company to GoogleMaps with addresses in target areas. Location matters in address – how close to the client, use google map with real address locations within each target market
- Add title tags and alt to images using keywords
- Add keywords on external websites and hyperlink the keywords/keyphrases
- Create and daily update blogs on each product
- Submit URL to search engines = google.com, bing. Etc
- Submit company/website to 150 online directories & yellow pages
- Submit articles to nairaland or popular forums you know as
- New topic
- Use keyword and title of the post
- Hyperlink the keywords to your website
- Make the keywords not hyperlinked bold
- Include your signature
Choice of keywords
- Types of service
- What keywords competition is using
- Names of competitors
- Synonyms/ thesaurus
- Google keyword suggestions
TOOLS FOR SEO
- Google Keyword Planner
- Search Console
- Traffic growth to the Ahrefs Blog shown in Google Analytics. …
- Answer the Public. …
- Ahrefs’ Free Backlink Checker. …
- Beam Us Up. …
- Yoast SEO. …
- Keyworddit. …
- Hunter.io* …
- SEO Web Page Analyzer.
That’s all, for now, please don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @lollipoptic